The Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program
The Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program (ASCTP) is a Victorian Government initiative that supports workers, communities and businesses affected by the closure of large scale passenger car manufacturing in the state.
This $5 million program provides eligible automotive businesses with access to specialist business services capped at $71,000 to assist them to identify, design and implement strategies to transition into new sectors and markets.
Am I eligible for the program?
Eligible participants must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
- be incorporated in Victoria.
- have been trading continuously since May 2013 (when the closure of the car companies was first announced).
- be a Victorian-based business, with at least 20 per cent of revenue derived from new car manufacturing by the three local car manufacturers (Ford, Holden and Toyota) and their supply chain.
What does the assistance include?
Eligible candidates for the program are able to receive the following assistance:
- Support valued at $5,000 to review an existing Business Transition Plan.
- Support valued at $16,000 to develop a Business Transition Plan.
- Support valued at up to $10,000 for advisory services relating to the merger and acquisition of your business.
- Support valued at up to $55,000 for Business Transition Services.
How can Matthews Steer Accountants & Advisors assist you?
Matthews Steer is an approved business consultant for the Automotive Supply Chain Transition Program. As a business specialist for this program, we are able to assist you with achieving the following outcomes:
- The development of a business transition plan to identify future opportunities, including target sectors and market/s for diversification, as well as the strategies needed to pursue new opportunities.
- Business transition services, the nature of which will depend on the outcomes identified in the business transition plan.
The Matthews Steer team can help you achieve both of these goals with our experience providing the following services through our Strategic Focus Program:
- Strategic planning & workshops.
- Succession planning.
- Restructuring and asset protection strategies.
- 3-Way forecasting & financial analysis.
For more information on the Automotive Supply Chain Program and how your business can best benefit from this program please contact Nidal Mazloum at Matthews Steer on (03) 9325 6300.